Monday, December 5, 2011

Toy Storage

I'm always on the lookout for the best way to organize our growing number of toys. We've been trying to get rid of novelty toys and keep more of the longer-lasting, educational toys. The problem is that a lot of those have lots of pieces! (ie. Lego's, Pegs and Peg Boards, Bristle Blocks, etc.) I had them all in their own Rubbermaid bins, but that presented the problem of where to store them in our tiny space. I tried to rotate them in and out of the basement, but it just wasn't working well. I saw online that someone kept theirs in gallon ziploc bags, but I just don't think those are sturdy enough for two little ones, so I came up with a better idea! I'm storing those toys in lingerie washing bags!! These are GREAT! They are large, sturdy, and they have a zipper! The best part is that we can keep them in the storage ottomans we have and they are easily accessible and we can fit so many more in there!

0 comments: