So I don't know how many people I've shared this with, but for many different reasons (I'm sure I'll post on this later), Micah and I have decided to homeschool our children. Tot School is basically a step towards that, with toddlers! Big Boy absolutely loves it and always asks to do "Tot Cool!" This week we worked on the letter Ii and we talked a lot about igloos. We also worked on some Winter vocabulary words (jacket/coat, mittens, snow boots, ice skates, etc.). These words were all very appropriate since we just had the first snowfall of the year the weekend before Halloween! Here are some of the experiences we shared this week!
Working on some fine motor skills by drawing straight lines
Sassy was very excited to get to play at the table with Big Boy!
We've been doing a lot of building! Big Boy loves his Legos!
Sassy tried to build too!


We tried having some sibling time. It's still a bit tough for Big Boy. He's working on sharing...
She's always looking up to her big brother!
Sassy is dairy and soy free, so she was very confused as to why she couldn't eat Big Boy's Goldfish!

Both Big Boy and Sassy have low muscle tone, so bouncing is a great activity for them. They definitely enjoyed the new 7ft diameter trampoline in our basement!
She's always looking up to her big brother!
Sassy is dairy and soy free, so she was very confused as to why she couldn't eat Big Boy's Goldfish!But Daddy was home, and she got to try eating a banana!

Daddy also worked on teaching Big Boy how to wash dishes! Never too early to learn!
Both Big Boy and Sassy have low muscle tone, so bouncing is a great activity for them. They definitely enjoyed the new 7ft diameter trampoline in our basement!
Sassy isn't walking on her own yet, but she sure likes to try!




4 comments:
YAY for homeschooling. What was the tipping point? The last time we chatted, there were still some reservations. Also, where did you get that very cool table/highchair connector thing? And the blocks that sassy is building with? Thanks honey and talk to you soon!
Victoria
Vicki, I'll have to tell you the long, drawn out story :-) The high chair that Sassy is in is from Babies R Us (i'm sure it's on Amazon as well. It's from Chicco. The blocks are from Amazon as well: http://www.amazon.com/Stack-Smile-Photo-Blocks-Stacking/dp/B002YQS9TW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321156371&sr=8-1 I'm waiting to get the kids these high chairs: http://www.keekaroo.com/herihich.html Big Boy will get his soon! To go with the Phot Blocks, I've subscribed to this awesome website: http://www.educationcubes.com/ They are a great toy and learning tool!
wow...lots of typos in that last comment!
oooo... I like the new chairs you are getting! Those are very functional. you’ll have to let me know how they go. I have been engrossed for the last couple of hours in this blog I came across called Miss Mustardseed. There is soooo much to look at on there and I haven’t even gotten to her links to her favorite blogs :) Yay for decorating. :)
Post a Comment