Sunday, June 14, 2009

39 Weeks

Sorry it has been so long since I have written! I'll be 39 weeks on Tuesday and I'm so ready for Laken to be here! I have been having contractions for about the last 20 weeks, so hopefully these are actually productive ones. The doctor first told us that he would deliver Laken by 39 weeks, then he said between 39-40 weeks, and now he says close to my due date. I now completely understand the frustrations that many of my friends have gone through with doctors changing their plans! We know that God has a plan and His timing is the best, so we are trying to be patient. I have to remind myself that I will get to have Laken for the rest of his life once he gets here, so a few more days is not so bad. If we have to wait until my actual due date, we only have 9 days (almost 8 since it is 7:15pm)! So we are thrilled about the upcoming arrival and can't wait to see the little miracle God has for us. At our last ultrasound (on last Tuesday- 38 weeks), it showed that he was about 7 lbs 8 oz (plus or minus a pound)! Whether or not he is actually that big, I'm thankful that he is continuing to grow!
In other news, I recently found out that the military will pay for spouses to go back to school for a "portable career." They will pay up to $6,000! So, I decided to try and find a program that would allow me to work at home and make some extra income until I go back to work (once Laken is in school). So, last week I started a Medical Transcription and Coding program. I find it interesting that I am doing this now, since I was a nursing major for the first part of my college career. With this certification, I should be able to work from home and be able to enjoy time with my little boy!
Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Now that we have made it this far in the pregnancy, we are so thankful that Laken is healthy and we are now praying for a safe delivery for both me and Laken!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

You and your family are in my prayers Denise.